Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wednesday Workout - Another Personal Best

Wednesday, I decided to push for burning a higher number of calories in my cardio workout.  I went on the elliptical, then switched to the bike, then returned to the elliptical again.  So there were some nice breaks in the middle.

Elliptical Total:

Time spent = 157 minutes (2 hours and 37 minutes)

Calories burnt = 1,700 calories

Distance covered = 14.73 miles

Biking:

Time spent = 52 minutes

Calories burnt = 300 calories

Distance covered = 11.73 miles

So, between the two, I burnt a total of 2,000 caloriesThat's easily my new personal best, for one workout session.

I wasn't too tired, but did feel sore.  This workout isn't sustainable, of course - I can't find this much time on a normal day.  I didn't even get to weights.  But the true test of my continuing fitness that I'm looking forward to - working out again today.

No comments: