Sunday, December 21, 2008

Slydial Update - Love It!

I had covered Slydial on my blog earlier.  This Monday, I was contacted by SHIFT Communications, who seem to be handling their PR, to let me know the app was available on the iPhone, and that I should try it.  (Slydial is an app created by the guys at MobileSphere)

I tried it over the last couple of days, and I have to say, I love it!  I hadn't even thought of all the uses I could put it to; 

  • Calling a business associate late in the evening.  I've already done this a couple of times.  This way, I make sure I'm not delaying talking to partners on the east coast by another day; at the same time, I'm not calling them at a very late hour.
  • Prank calls.  I know, this isn't a very elegant use.... but....
  • Don't give this app to the folks in the Philippines!  If you do, you know they're going to start using it when they want to break up with someone.  A voice-mail does beat out SMS in some cases
  • Relatives, friends, associates you don't really want to talk to.  Or don't have the time to talk to.

What's great is that the recipient also sees a missed call.  This way, there is no reason to believe slydial was used.

The app has made its way to the front page on my iPhone!

slydial

No comments: