Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wednesday Workout

I had a couple of visitors over the last week, so didn't manage to work out for a few days.  Decided to dive back in violently:

Cardio:  Elliptical

Time taken = 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes)

Calories burnt = 1,524

Miles covered = 13.33

Weights:  Shoulders

4 exercises of 4 sets each, for a total of 16 sets.

I realized a few things:

a) Gatorade is far superior to Vitamin Water, or Propel Fitness Water.  G2 (Gatorade's new drink) is even better - less calories, same minerals.  During last night's workout, I had one bottle of G2, and one of Propel.  I could feel the difference in my leg muscles, after I moved on to Propel.  After I had finished, I drank a bottle of Vitamin Water (orange flavor - yum).  But it took its own sweet time in helping out.  

So my two cents - if you know your workout is intense, stay with Gatorade or G2.

b) I shouldn't dive back in with this long a cardio workout after a few days' rest.  It was a little painful at the end.

c) My speed of recovery has improved tremendously.  The first time I did 2.5 hours of cardio, I could barely lift any weights afterwards.  This time, (after about a 15 minute break), I had a full weights workout.  I started with lighter weights, but by the end of the workout, was lifting at almost my normal capacity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2.5 hours, that is very impressive Vikram! Tomorrow, I shall start my program! /E

Vikram Singh said...

thanks E.