Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympics, US basketball team

Whats up with Carmelo Anthony?  Why is he on the olympic team, barely seeming to care on defense most of the time, forcing up mid-range jumpers at other times?

I had been one of the few people who felt Melo deserved the NBA rookie-of-the-year award over LeBron the year they came in.  After he lost out, I secretly kept wishing for him to do really well in the coming years, to show folks he was as good as LeBron.  Silly me :)

The olympics are showing yet again just how different King James and Melo are - both are insanely physically dominant.  Both aren't good at team defense.  But LeBron is always trying on defense.  LeBron is pushing and steamrolling his way to the basket instead of settling for jumpers. 

Melo, my boy, you're letting me down.

No comments: