Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CarZen - Helping Choose your Dream Car

I recently found a way to test CarZen (http://beta.carzen.com)

I like it! I like it!  And for a beta, their results for cars matching my tastes were pretty much on the money (see below).

carzen

Of course, it shouldn't be too difficult to build a car chooser such as this - all you need is a structured data repository, and create a question set against it.  But to test this, I kept my answers slightly ambiguous - and still got good results.

Minor gripes - I would have preferred to have seen my beloved BMW 335i Convertible instead of the Lexus SC430.   But I guess they had already picked the BMW M3, so didn't think two relatively-comparable cars from the same manufacturer were needed (although they did give me two Mercs... admittedly further apart than the two Beamers).

Another thing - I think they're a little off base thinking you can get an M3 convertible at $65K. Hah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not difficult to build such a tool--but it is VERY difficult to build one that works well and that people will actually take the time to use.

CarZen's might be the best attempt yet.

Vikram Singh said...

yes, i agree, it is the best yet.