Friday, September 12, 2008

Lecture at San Francisco State University MBA class

On Tuesday September 9th, I was an expert speaker/ guest lecturer at San Francisco State University's MBA class, for the course:

MGMT 831:  The Entrepreneurial Process

http://www.sfsu.edu/~bulletin/courses/mgmt.htm

I spoke on 'Creativity and Idea Generation',  and wove my talk in with the class's professor (Geoffrey Desa).   (slides are attached below).  The class was very interesting - I learnt one new tool, and got some great examples from the class of products and companies they considered creative. 

Another of my favorite parts of the class - we had some group discussions and role plays.  Coming from a company and surroundings immersed in tech, it was very interesting to hear the different ideas being discussed, which covered retail, gambling and the food industry, among others. 

I also demo'ed our new Kosmix site;  I loved the reactions of the class.  We also got to talk about Cuil's launch, and I could give some info as a search insider.

Finally, I thought through how I could have improved my part of the talk.  The class will also send feedback next week, which will help me further refine my part.

Overall, the experience was amazing, and I'm looking forward to next time!

creativity and idea generation

creativity and idea generation

creativity and idea generation

creativity and idea generation

creativity and idea generation

creativity and idea generation

creativity and idea generation

No comments: