Monday, June 9, 2008

Game Preview - Gears of War 2 (Part 2)

Gears of War 2 is coming out in November, and I am starting to get as amped up as I was for the first version! Check out the viscerally pleasing video, and download wallpapers.

(Seems the locust have chainsaws too.. Nice!)

I was blown away by the visuals. Given the early stage, I'm sure they will get another face lift soon, but as far as I'm concerned they're ready to go. I saw a sneak peak, comparing the graphics between GoW and GoW 2, and the upgrade is impressive. With GoW, Epic Games had strived for a look they called "Destroyed Beauty", which while inducing chuckles, did actually work. GoW 2 amps that up by adding heavier atmospherics, 'dust' particles, and what seems like improved shading.

Oh, and Gears of War 2 is still an XBox exclusive, so I would recommend buying one!